Monday, August 10, 2009

Giant's Ledge Hike (Catskill Mountains) - 8.10.09 - Big Indian, NY

Since I was already in upstate New York, I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to take some landscape photos and do some hiking on the Catskill Mountains.

I was referred to a place called Giant's Ledge which was only about a few miles drive from Full Moon Resort. I brought my gear and was told that the hike was not so treacherous and only about a mile long on flat land....Boy, was I fooled. The hike was a 3 mile rock scramble! I don't know if I took the right path but it was definitely a workout with all my camera gear. I used my monopod as a walking stick - haha.

But the struggle was worth the wait. The site was breathtaking. The weather was perfect. I actually stayed up there for about an hour - reading a book (The Time Traveler's Wife) and contemplating about the world. Also, no cellphone service here. It was definitely a time to really relax.




0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP